- Watershed: Babine
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 30-60km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
Betty Lake is a long an shallow lake. The portage is in rough shape and keeps some branches cut out. The portage takes you to the edge of a grassy marsh. Betty Lake flows into Guess Creek and eventually into Babine Lake.
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
DIRECTIONS: (approx 47 km from Houston)
- Travel East of town along Highway 16 for 20 km until you get to the Perow Loop Rd on your left
- Turn left and travel for 300m up the loop and turn left on Jarman Rd
- Travel up to the Perow FSR and keep going until you reach the North Road.
- Turn right onto the North Road
- At 48.5 km turn left onto the Chapman FSR
- At 60.5 km there is an access road into an old landing.