- Watershed: Morice
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 30-60km
- Cell Coverage: No
- WARNING: Be aware of changing weather and always use PFDs.
Chisholm Lake is a small-moderately sized lake. Access to the lake is on the far Eastern shore. The lake has many small bays and a large island near the middle. Loons frequent the lake. Resident Cutthroat Trout are found in the lake, however most people note that they remain small in size.
The access consists of a large pullout on the side of the Chisholm FSR and a path to the water. The access site could be used for camping; however there are no amenities at the site. The site is mainly used by loggers working nearby or hunters in the fall. Please do not leave trash on site.
In 2010 a wildfire burned up to the shores of Chisholm Lake.
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
DIRECTIONS: (approx 60 km from Houston)
- Head South of town on the Morice River Rd
- At 27 km turn right
- At 29 km turn right onto the Chisholm FSR
- At 30 km you will start going down a hill
- The lake access is on your right (31 km board is missing)