- Watershed: Nadina
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance from Houston: 30-60km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- WARNING: Due to the nature of the cliff edge, this trail is not suitable for pets or small children.
- Picnic Table
- Cell Service
Owen Hat is an ancient volcanic plug located near the Tekaiziyis Ridge south of Houston. This site offers a nice place to spend the afternoon to have a picnic or hike up the trail to the vertigo inducing cliff face.
Tenting & RV Space
Cell Service is partially available on top of Owen Hat.
ROCK CLIMBING & BOULDERING:
Owen Hat is a popular rock climbing and bouldering destination. More information on these activities is coming soon.
For more info on the recreation site visit here
- Head west of Houston and turn onto the Morice River Road.
- At 27 Km keep going straight onto the Morice-Owen FSR.
- Just Before 51 Km, turn left onto the Owen North FSR.
- Follow the Brown Arrows, for approximately 9 kilometres.
- The Recreation Site will be located on the right side of the road.