- Watershed: Morice
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance from Houston: 10-30km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- Picnic Table
- Cell Service
Owen Lookout was designated as a Rec Site in 2009. In the summer of 2012, the Houston Hikers Society received a grant from the Ministry of Forests centennial fund to spearhead the lookouts’ restoration. The society and its volunteers worked hard to ensure that the site was fixed up so that it could continue to be a destination. Some enhancements to the site include are large wrap-around deck that provides enough room for tenting.
Owen Lookout provides a good view of Morice Mountain and the Morice River valley. The top of Nadina Mountain can also be seen. Nearby, the Owen Flats Rec Sites offer good camping amenities along the banks of the Morice River.
Tables and chairs
Wide wrap-around deck for tenting
Please do not leave trash at the camping sites.
- Head South of town on the Morice River FSR
- At 27 km keep right and keep going on the Morice River FSR
- At approx 30 km turn left and drive through the back of the sand pit
- A road will continue and go beyond the sand pit.
- At approx 2.5 km turn left
- Drive for approx 1 km, the trail will be on your right