- Watershed: Upper Bulkley
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 0-10km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- WARNING: Be aware of changing weather and always use PFDs.
- Picnic Table
- Cell Service
Silverthorne Lake is central to the Morice Mtn Nordic Ski Club Trails.
The lake is a small and easy to access. The camping site is located on the Northern shore. The lake has a small island towards the Southern end. Silverthorne Lake Rec Site has a few places to camp, a day shelter, fire pits and outhouses.
Please do not leave trash on site.
When driving to Silverthorne Lake, please do not drive on any of the other ski trails. The trails are designed for winter use. When people drive on the trails, the muddy ruts make it difficult to groom the trails in the winter. Except for getting to the lake, please stay off of the trails with vehicles.
Also nearby is the Old Pines Nature Trail
- Head South of town on Buck Flats Road
- Drive approx 8 km (just after the 4 km board)
- Turn right into the Cross Country Ski area
- Drive down the Mainline for 1.3 km
- The Rec Site is on your left