- Watershed: Nechako Reservoir
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 60km+
- Cell Coverage: No
- WARNING: Be aware of changing weather and always use PFDs.
- Picnic Table
- Boat Launch (for larger boats)
Sweeney Lake located within the Nechako Reservoir watershed. Water from Sweeney Lake drains out into the Tahtsa Reach. Water in Tahtsa Lake flows both into the Nechako-Fraser watershed as well as Kemano River due to the Kenny Dam.
The lake is moderate in size and easy to access. Historical Records of fish found in this lake include Burbot, Longnose Sucker and Rainbow Trout.
Access to Sweeney Lake can be done from two different Rec sites.
Sweeney East Rec Site site is located at 8.5 km on the Sweeney Road. It is the smaller of the two sites. The East site has a couple places to camp and an outhouse. The boat launch at the East site is very steep.
Sweeney West Rec Site is located at 10.5 km on the Sweeney Road. This is the larger of the two sites. The boat launch at the West site is easier to use. There are also picnic tables and outhouses at this site.
Please do not leave trash at the camping sites.
- Head South of town on the Morice River FSR
- At 27 km keep going straight onto the Morice-Owen FSR
- At 56.5 km turn right onto the Nadina Main FSR
- At 74 km keep left
- At 81 km keep right
- At 89 km keep right
- At 100.5 km keep left
- At 113 km turn right onto the Sweeney Rd
- At 8.5 km you will find the Sweeney East Rec Site
- At 10.5 km you will find the Sweeney West Rec Site