- Watershed: Morice
- Difficulty: Easy
- Trail Length: N/A
- Round Trip: N/A
- Distance from Houston: 30-60km
- Cell Coverage: No
- Picnic Table
- Boat Launch (for larger boats)
Collins Lake is moderate in size and easy to access. Access to Collins Lake is at the lake’s far Northern point. The lake has a few small bays and a few islands. Resident Cutthroat Trout and sucker fish are common in the lake. The deepest part of the lake is approx 80 feet and is near the Southern end of the lake (see depth map).
There are a few ways to access Collins Lake.
Just after 58 km the Collins road takes off to the left and goes across a bridge. There is a large open landing area where lake access is easy. This spot can be used for camping, however there are no amenities on site.
Another access point is just after 59 km. Across from the Nado FSR junction there is a small access point to the left of the road.
The Morice River Rd follows the shore of the lake for many kilometres, accessing the lake can be done in many locations.
Please do not leave trash at the camping site.
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
DIRECTIONS: (approx 58 km from Houston)
- Head South of town on the Morice River FSR
- At 27 km turn right
- At 44.5 km keep left
- At 51 km keep right
- After 58km turn onto the Collins Road to the left
- After 400m you will reach the lake
- Alternatively, after 59km on the Morice River FSR, turn left down a small trail once you pass the Nado FSR junction