- Watershed: Babine
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 60km+
- Cell Coverage: No
Deception Lake is a good sized wilderness lake. You get good views of Dome Mountain and surrounding forest. Deception supports a fair to good Cutthroat fishery with trout up to 1+ lbs. Trolling with spinners, flatfish or spoons work well as does fly fishing.
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
DIRECTIONS: (approx 61.5 km from Houston)
- Travel East of town along Highway 16 for 20 km until you get to the Perow Loop Rd on your left
- Turn left and travel for 300m up the loop and turn left on Jarman Rd
- Travel up to the Perow FSR and keep going until you reach the North Road.
- Turn right onto the North Road
- At 48.5 km turn left onto the Chapman FSR
- At 63.5 km turn left onto the Deception FSR
- The lake is approx 19 kilometers from the Chapman road (km signs are sparse)
- Around 4 km keep right
- Keep going until you reach the lake, the access is on your right