- Watershed: Nechako Reservoir
- Difficulty: Easy
- Trail Length: N/A
- Round Trip: N/A
- Distance from Houston: 60km+
- Cell Coverage: No
- WARNING: Be aware of changing weather and always use PFDs.
Horseshoe Lake located within the Nechako Reservoir watershed. Water from Horseshoe Lake drains out into Andrew’s Creek at Andrews Bay Provincial Park on Ootsa Lake. Water in Ootsa Lake flows both into the Nechako-Fraser watershed as well as Kemano River due to the Kenny Dam.
The lake is moderate in size and easy to access. Access to Horseshoe Lake is at the lake’s far eastern point. The lake has many small bays and a long narrow channel leading from the access point to the main area of the lake.
There is a rough spot to camp on the opposite side of the road from the access point, however there are no amenities on site.
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
Please do not leave trash on site.
DIRECTIONS: (approx 94 km from Houston)
- Head South of town on the Morice River FSR
- At 27 km keep going straight onto the Morice-Owen FSR
- At 56.5 km turn right onto the Nadina Main FSR
- At 74 km keep left
- At 81 keep right
- At 88 turn left onto the Short Cut Rd
- Drive approx 3.6 km and turn right onto another forestry road
- Drive approx 2.3 km, past a large gravel pit until you reach the washed out culvert in the road
- The lake access is to the right