- Watershed: Upper Bulkley
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 10-30km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- WARNING: Due to the nature of the palisade edge, this trail is not suitable for pets or small children.
- Cell Service
The Houston Palisades are a set of cliffs in the South East that are visible from town. This short trail provides a great place to take in spectacular views of the Morice-Bulkley Valley, Morice Mountain and the Telkwa Range.
Definition: pal-i-sade (noun)- (palisades) a line of high cliffs
DIRECTIONS: (approx 15.5 km from town)
- South of town, head down the Equity Mine Road for approximately 9.5 Km
- Turn right onto the Dungate FSR and keep left once you hit another junction.
- Drive approximately 6 Km up a large hill and you will see the trail head on your right.