- Watershed: Morice
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 10-30km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- Picnic Table
- Cell Service
Klinger Lake is a lake located just 14 km from Houston. Fishermen will find a variety of fish including rainbow trout and eastern brook trout. Whether you’re baitcasting, spinning, fly fishing or ice fishing your chances of getting a bite here are good. Klinger is a popular place for fishing all year round and attracts many people during the winter.
The trail from the Wallcott is usually well packed from snow machine traffic to allow for a short 200 metre walk from the road to the lake. The trail follows along the outside of a log fence. The fenced area is crown land that is being leased for a grazing permit.
During summer months the wide trail allows for canoes and other small boats to be carried down to the lake. The walking loop trail is a nice and easy stroll that follows the lake shore and winds through a vibrant Aspen Forest.
The lake is non-motorized but electric motors can be used.
room for tenting.
canoe access to Lake
Please remember to check with the local fishing regulations to ensure the lake is open to the public, and that you have the necessary fishing license. Now what are you waiting for? Get fishing!
- Head west of Houston and turn onto the Morice River Rd
- At 4 km turn right onto the Bymac Rd
- Travel 1.5 km and turn left to cross over the Morice River on the Walcott bridge
- You are now on the Walcott FSR
- Drive 4.7 km, you will see the trail head on your right. There is a small pullout and a trail sign.