- Watershed: Upper Bulkley
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trail Length: 2.06 km
- Round Trip: 2.5 to 3 hours
- Distance from Houston: 10-30km
- Cell Coverage: No
The route into McQuarrie Lake is long. The trail winds through the forest and after 1.5 km you will come to a junction in the trail. The shortest route to McQuarrie takes a hard left at this point.
McQuarrie Lake is a large wilderness lake. There are numerous bays and a few islands to explore. The route into the lake can provide for a multitude of different seasonal adventures.
If portaging is your goal, a set of rugged canoe wheels may help to ease the burden.
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
- Head west of town on Highway 16 for 15.5 km
- Turn right onto the Summit Lake Road
- After approx. 4 kilometres turn left Hidden Lake FSR
- After approx. 3 kilometres keep straight
- After the 9 km board drive 2 more kilometers (boards missing)
- Park at the road junction before the road starts going up the hill.
- The road to your right is the beginning of the trail.