- Watershed: Nadina
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trail Length: 1.12 km
- Round Trip: 1 hour +
- Distance from Houston: 60km+
- Cell Coverage: No
- Never venture out into the back country without proper gear and emergency provisions. The route to the bottom is steep.
Sorry no amenities for this adventure
Links and Downloads
Backcountry Route hikes are only for the most advanced and experienced hikers. The hikes featured as “routes” are generally not marked in the bush and have no posted signs. These routes are merely suggestions of how to get up the mountain. Advanced navigational skills will be required. A combination of GPS data, spatially referenced digital maps, as well as a compass will be necessary for the best success. There are no amenities in the wilderness. Never venture out into the back country without proper gear and emergency provisions
This trail is not ribboned or cut out, it is merely a route to get to a spectacular waterfall. The routes takes you through old growth Balsam forest. You can choose to visit the top of the falls and get a good view. The route to the bottom is steep and goes down a bowl. From the bottom you can see Newcombe Falls including its interesting split!
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
DIRECTIONS: (approx 121 km from Houston)
- Head South of town on the Morice River FSR
- At 27 km keep going straight onto the Morice-Owen FSR
- At 56.5 km turn right onto the Nadina Main FSR
- At 74 km keep left
- At 81 keep right
- At 89 keep right
- At 100.5 turn right onto the Glacier Main FSR
- At 2.5 km keep left
- At 10.5 km keep right
- After driving approx 20.5km turn left
- The road will be deactivated after another 700m, park here