- Watershed: Nadina
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trail Length: 1.9 km
- Round Trip: 30-45min
- Distance from Houston: 30-60km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- WARNING: Due to the nature of the cliff edge, this trail is not suitable for pets or small children.
- Picnic Table
- Cell Service
Owen Hat is an ancient volcanic plug located near the Tekaiziyis Ridge south of Houston. This site offers a nice place to spend the afternoon to have a picnic or hike up the trail to the vertigo inducing cliff face.
Tenting & RV Space
Cell Service is partially available on top of Owen Hat.
ROCK CLIMBING & BOULDERING:
Owen Hat is a popular rock climbing and bouldering destination. More information on these activities is coming soon.
For more info on the recreation site visit here
Directional or trail head signs might be missing for this site, use your map and GPS.
- Head west of Houston and turn onto the Morice River Road.
- At 27 Km keep going straight onto the Morice-Owen FSR.
- Just Before 51 Km, turn left onto the Owen North FSR.
- Follow the Brown Arrows, for approximately 9 kilometres.
- The Recreation Site will be located on the right side of the road.