- Watershed: Morice
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance from Houston: 30-60km
- Cell Coverage: No
- Be aware of changing weather and always use PFDs.
- Picnic Table
- Boat Launch (for larger boats)
Owen Lake is moderate in size and easy to access. Access to Owen Lake is at the lake’s far Northern point. The lake has a few small bays but is mostly linear in nature. The lake is approx 6 km long. Historical Records of fish found in this lake include: Rainbow Trout, Burbot, Coho Salmon, Sucker, Dolly Varden, Lake Trout and Whitefish. The deepest part of the lake is approx 120 feet and is near the Southern end of the lake (see depth map).
The Owen Lake Rec Site is a large open and grassy area providing space for 13 units. The popular site is mainly visited for the water activities including swimming, canoeing and fishing. There is a boat launch and dock, a beach as well as nearby hiking trails. The popular site is well developed and includes wheelchair accessible toilets
Please do not leave trash at the camping site.
- Head west of Houston and turn onto the Morice River Road.
- At 27km keep driving straight onto the Morice-Owen FSR.
- Approx at 39 Km, turn right at the Owen Lake Recreation Site.