- Watershed: Nadina
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Distance from Houston: 60km+
- Cell Coverage: No
- NOTICE: Due to forestry activity and the 2018 Nadina Fire, the road system and km markers have all changed. Directions may not be 100% accurate.
The lakes is small in size and consists of a few bays and a large Northern Arm. There are tall cliffs along the Northwestern shore. Resident Rainbow Trout are known to be in the lake.
The portage heads off West of the road through mature timber. The trail is not marked and very brusy with some blowdown. The portage has some steep pitches down to the lake.
The best way to find the trail is to park at the nearest pullout at the 83km board. On the right side of the road there is a bit of alder that you will be able to find the trail through.
There are no directional or trail head signs for this site, use your map and GPS.
- Head west of town and turn onto the Morice River FSR
- At 27 km keep going straight onto the Morice-Owen FSR
- At 56.5 km turn right onto the Nadina Main FSR
- At 74 km keep left
- At 81 km turn left onto the Shelford Main FSR (there is also a sign for Andrew Bay Park)
- At the 83 km board park at the nearest pullout on the right
- The trail (not marked) heads off to the right of the road.