- Watershed: Upper Bulkley
- Difficulty: Easy
- Trail Length: 1.4 km +
- Round Trip: 45min to 5 hours
- Distance from Houston: 0-10km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- Picnic Table
- Cell Service
The Silverthorne Lake Snowshoe Trails are located within Morice Mountain Nordic Ski area. They were created in 2015. The trails winds around mature second growth logging plantation, mature old growth spruce and feature many wetland ecosystems that surround Silverthorne & Beaver Pelt Lakes.
These trails hook up with the Old Pines Nature Trail where a wooden boardwalk provides a good glimpse of a Beaver Lodge and Dam.
NOTE: All of the trails have been cut and some have not had the debris removed. Most of the signage has NOT yet been posted. Please use caution to not get lost and expect slower progress through the brush and blowdown. use the PDF map on your phone to help navigate.
In the winter, fat tire mountain bikes frequent the trail.
- Head west of Houston and turn left onto Buck Flats Road.
- Travel 7.5 Km until you reach the Morice Mountain Nordic Ski lodge on your right.
- Trailhead information is near the ski lodge