- Watershed: Morice
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trail Length: 3.9 km
- Round Trip: 3.5-4.5 hours
- Distance from Houston: 10-30km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- The lookout has not yet been renovated. Overnight stay is NOT recommended yet. Once the planned renovations take place, it will be available for overnight camping.
- Cell Service
The Story Lookout Trail was first ribboned out in the summer of 2010. The trail works its way up through old growth forest, along the shores of a sub-alpine lake, across a talus slope and eventually you come out at the old fire lookout itself. Just minutes from town, the trail makes for a good day hike and provides amazing views of the coastal mountains on a good day.
THANK YOU - The New Story Lookout Trail was bucked out and built with help from the Nadina Mountain Fire Crew in 2011. Houston will always remember the good volunteer work you continue to do for our community.
- Room For Tenting
The lookout has not yet been renovated. Overnight stay is NOT recommended yet. Once the planned renovations take place, it will be available for overnight camping.
- Head west of Houston and turn onto the Morice River Road.
- At approximately 8 km, turn left onto the West Peacock FSR (Note: The road sign is missing).
- Drive up the West Peacock for approximately 6.5 Km, the trail head is located on the right side of the road.