- Watershed: Upper Bulkley
- Difficulty: Easy
- Trail Length: N/A
- Round Trip: N/A
- Distance from Houston: 30-60km
- Cell Coverage: Yes
- WARNING: Be aware of changing weather and always use PFDs.
- Picnic Table
- Boat Launch (for larger boats)
- Cell Service
The lake is moderate in size and easy to access. Access to Sunset is on the North-Western shore. Historical Records of fish found in this lake are Burbot, Largescale Sucker, Lake Chub, Longnose Sucker, Lake Whitefish, Mountain Whitefish, Northern Pike minnow, Peamouth Chub, Rainbow Trout.
The Sunset Lake Rec Site has some amenities including many camping spots, beach, outhouse and dock.
Please do not leave trash on site.
- Head East of Houston along Highway 16 for 30 km
- Once in Topley turn right onto the Sunset Lake Rd
- Cross the train tracks and a bridge over the Upper Bulkley River
- Drive approx 4km
- Turn right onto Rondeau Rd
- The Rec Site is at the end of the road.